2017 Harley-Davidson® FLHRXS
Honda Sports Center
metallic dark green
passenger backrest, luggage rack, windshield
Command the road with aggressive custom styling straight from the factory and the powerful performance of the all-new Milwaukee-Eight® engine.
- Pure design. Unadulterated power: You can see it coming from a mile away. Big and dramatic like a locomotive rolling through a train yard at midnight. Blacked-out from its headlight nacelle front forks and new wheels to its powerful Milwaukee-Eight® engine, headers and exhaust. With new mini-ape handlebars that pull you up and forward for an upright stance that commands attention. Stripped-down styling and stretched saddlebags for a slammed profile that’s right here, right now. When you take to the road on the new Road King® Special, you don’t just rule the road. You own it.
- Engine Heritage: Their iconic look, distinctive sound and massive torque make them instantly recognizable. But the all-new Milwaukee-Eight® 107 engine takes the Harley-Davidson® V-Twin to a place it’s never been. So you get more power, quicker acceleration and the coolest-running motors we’ve ever built. With crisper throttle response and truer, cleaner sound. Four valves per cylinder, single chain-driven cam, dual spark plugs, counter-balanced and rubber mounted. Developed and proven over countless miles and millions of hours. All engineered to give you more performance and more of the feeling you want from an engine. Today, it’s a whole new ride.
- Control: There’s no bigger factor in the quality of your ride than the confidence you have in your machine. Giving you more of it is our never-ending quest. For proof just look at the improvements made over the past few years. The quick throttle response and passing power of the all-new Milwaukee-Eight® engine, the responsive handling of the all-new dual bending valve front suspension and easily-adjustable emulsion rear shocks, the massive stopping power of Reflex® dual disc linked Brembo® brakes with ABS, Dual Halogen headlamps and fog lamps, brighter turn signals and brake lights, the beefy steering head and front forks. It all makes for a machine that lets you pass faster, stop quicker, take curves tighter, and see and be seen better. Long story short, it all adds up to make you a better rider.
- Feel: From the time that early riders bolted plastic windshields to their machines and began crisscrossing the country, the Harley-Davidson® touring motorcycle has gone places no one could have imagined. With the Road King® Special Model, we bust into new territory again — removing the windshield for an in-your-face experience that lets you feel the freedom of the open road as never before. At Harley-Davidson, we never stop working, or riding, to discover what comes next. We get in the saddle for countless miles, experiencing every condition Mother Nature can throw at us. We talk to riders all over the world. Then we put all the learning to use. When you feel the ride on a new Harley® touring motorcycle, you’ll understand why there is no substitute for the way we design and build motorcycles. From the response of the Milwaukee-Eight® engine to the smooth airflow, passenger space, seat textures, ergonomic hand controls, and everything else a rider or passenger can feel out there, it’s all dialed in. Hit the road and do a little country crisscrossing of your own. You’ll come back with a smile.
- Style: When we designed the new Road King® Special model, with modern, aggressive custom styling straight from the factory, we were aiming high. These are not just motorcycles, they’re part of the American landscape. There’s a standard to uphold. Through all the miles of testing, and the countless hours we endured to improve the way the Road King® Special model works and feels, we never took our eyes off the other thing that separates a Harley-Davidson from any other motorcycle on the road: The Look. The Road King® Special model is where stripped-down, nostalgic, custom styling meets performance. With a blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® engine, gloss black Turbine wheels and stretched saddlebags that bring it here and now in a hurry for a look that’s as up-to-date as the weather report. As timeless as the road is endless.
- The All-New Milwaukee-Eight™ Engine: The sound of the Harley-Davidson® 45-degree V-Twin rings through the history of motorcycling in an unbroken line stretching back to 1909. Each one improving on the one before it. Iconic. Durable. Unmistakable in their sound. Unparalleled in their muscular look. Unmatched in the feeling they deliver to the rider. And now we’re proud to introduce the most powerful Harley-Davidson engines ever built: The all-new Milwaukee-Eight® 107 and Milwaukee-Eight® 114 engines. The next generation Harley-Davidson® V-Twin comes to our touring line. The next era of power, performance and innovation has been forged.
- Blacked-out Nacelle, Steering Head and Front Forks: With its blacked out nacelle, the Road King® Special looks like a freight train coming at you. Big and commanding. Boasting a darkness-defying 986 lumens that ensures you’ll have no trouble seeing everything out there that needs to be seen. So when you're out with your bagger buddies, you'll stay right at the front of the pack.
- Blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight® 107 Engine: Beneath the sinister dark looks of this touring motorcycle beats the heart of the Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin. Next to the 114ci, it’s the most powerful, coolest-running engine we’ve ever built. In a custom blacked-out finish. With a unique engine-turned air cleaner insert. Crisper throttle response and truer, cleaner sound. Four valves per cylinder, single chain-driven cam, dual spark plugs, counter-balanced and rubber mounted. It’s a whole new engine and a whole new ride.
- Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 Engine Overview: Here are eight ways the new Milwaukee-Eight™ 107 engine gives you a better ride: More Power- Bigger cylinders, four-valve cylinder heads and dual spark plugs deliver 10% more torque and more power throughout the rev range with no net weight gain; Better Fuel Economy- The power comes with improved fuel economy to give you more out of every tank of gas; Heat Management- Precision oil or water cooling for cooler running and consistent performance, from stop-and-go traffic to highway speeds; More Passenger Comfort- Positions for the rear exhaust pipe and catalytic converters provide a more comfortable ride; More Charging Power- A charging system with 50% more power at idle to make easy work of the demands modern touring features put on an electrical system; Smoother Running- The counter-balancing system, rubber mounts, lower idle speed and dual knock sensors for more precise timing control and smoother running from idle to top gear; Less Maintenance-The valve train requires no adjustment no matter how many years or miles you ride; Narrow Primary- The narrower primary drive gives your left foot a straighter, easier reach to the ground, for an easier lift off and more control at stoplights. (Compared to 2016 Touring models. Compared to 2016 models. Based on estimates from laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by EPA, not during on road riding. Actual mileage and fuel economy will vary depending on bike model and configuration, how you ride/maintain your bike, road conditions, and other factors.)
- Improved, Blacked-out, 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles — not begs for mercy — when you lean on it a little. The improved, blacked-out 6-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. And the Isolated Drive System makes acceleration flow in a smooth, steady stream from your wrist right down to the pavement. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up on the road ahead.
- All-New Front Forks and Rear Suspension: The Road King® Special model rides like a dream with an all-new front and rear suspension for more control and handling. New rear emulsion shocks adjust with the turn of a single knob for dialing in the perfect ride — no tools required. Plus new, bigger pistons for improved damping performance and new fork technology for an improved ride, especially over the harshest bumps, that reacts faster to keep the wheel planted for confident braking and handling.
- Reflex™ Linked Brembo® Brakes with Anti-Locking Braking System: No doubt about it, there are times when you need to haul things down in a hurry. And you don’t get to pick those times. Or decide whether or not they occur when you’re on a flat, smooth, dry, perfect stretch of pavement. That’s why Reflex™ Linked Brembo® Brakes with ABS are standard on the Road King® Special model. ABS turns a locked-up front wheel or a rear wheel skid into a relic from riding’s history. And the front and rear brakes are electronically linked to provide exactly the right amount of brake to each tire no matter what the road condition is. No matter how good you are, this will make you a better rider.
- One Piece, Two-Up Seat: The ultimate touring saddle features a sculpted seat with a deeper contoured bucket and narrower neck, to relieve pressure on your thighs, while providing more back support and comfort for a wide variety of rider sizes. And the lower seat height — 26.4 inches to be exact — puts your feet closer to the road to enhance your confidence. Additionally, the leather trim and premium stitching accentuate the advanced ergonomics while giving the seat that sharp detail you only find on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle. It's science in service of comfort, and your way to beat fatigue over the long haul.
- Full-Length-Rider Footboards With Heel/Toe Shift Levers: Nothing provides a solid foundation for your ride like the full-length rider footboards with heel/toe shift levers on the Road King® Special model. Give your left foot extra room with a heel toe shift lever, or try a folding heel shifter to remove the shift peg for highway driving. For utility and looks, Harley-Davidson® foot controls put you in complete control.
- One-Touch, Large-Capacity Drop Saddlebags: Here’s the rule we laid down for every compartment cover and saddlebag lid on our touring line: if it doesn’t open with the single touch of a button or one hand, while wearing gloves, it doesn’t go on the motorcycle. Because in all our conversations with riders, we've never encountered a single individual who wanted to have to put something on the ground before he could store it in a saddlebag.
- 1.25 Inch Mini-Ape Handlebars: You’ll sit taller, feel more assertive and ride more aggressively behind the new 9-in-tall, 1.25-inch wide mini-ape handlebars on the Road King® Special. The blacked-out, stand-out look says custom all the way. Only you’ll know the handlebars are standard on this bike.
- Blacked-Out Tank-Mounted Gauge: All the essential readouts you need — like RPMs and a gear indicator — on a blacked-out, tank-mounted gauge for a sleek, uncluttered look that goes the distance on style and function.
- Blacked-Out Styling — Everywhere: This is one mean, lean touring machine — with end-to-end blacked-out styling from the aggressive turbine wheels to the tapered mufflers that will turn heads when you ride.
- New Gloss Black Turbine Wheels: The Road King® Special model rolls on custom, black Turbine wheels. With aggressive, modern styling that makes them look even bigger than they already are. Let your eyes take it all in — 19" of head-turning style in the front, 18" in the rear. Powerful blades extending all the way to the rim create an impact that’s eye-catchingly unique, but unmistakably Harley-Davidson.
- Custom Rear Lighting and Low-Mounted Licence Plate Styles: We keep the look of the Road King® Special stripped down and minimal with rear custom lighting and low-mounted license plate styles that feature little visible hardware, so nothing gets in the way of showing off the tight fender, stretched saddlebags and sleek, aggressive profile.
- Blacked-Out, 2-1-2 Dual Exhaust With Tapered Mufflers: The strong symmetry and balance of our blacked-out 2-1-2 dual exhaust system is a perfect fit for the modern, aggressive profile of the Road King® Special. With tapered mufflers for a sleek look and the full-throated roar that makes you know it’s a Harley-Davidson from miles away.
- Length: 95.4 in. (2,423 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.4 in. (671 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.9 in. (124 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 26
- Trail: 6.9 in. (175 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64 in. (1,626 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/60B19 61H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 180/55B18 80H
- Fuel Capacity: 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 5.2 qt. (4.9 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 781 lb. (354 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 818 lb. (371 kg)
- Luggage Capacity -Volume: 2.5 cu ft. (0.07 m3)
- Engine: Milwaukee-Eight® 107
- Bore: 3.937 in. (100 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 107 cu in. (1,746 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.593
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.65
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.938
- Gear Ratios (overall): 4
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.407
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.875
- Exhaust: Black, 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black, Turbine Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black, Turbine Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 32 mm, 4-piston fixed front and rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 111.4 ft. lb. (151 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3250
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 32
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 45 mpg (5.2 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, running lights, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, battery, security system, low fuel warning, cruise control, ABS, Gear/ rpm display, miles to empty display
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with ergonomic hand controls with intuitive design for improved tactile feel. includes trigger switch for odometer, trip A, trip B, clock, range to empty, tachometer, and gear indicator
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- Milwaukee-Eight® 107
- 107 cu in. (1,746 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.937 in. (100 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 32 mm, 4-piston fixed
- Front Tire
- 130/60B19 61H
- Rear Tire
- 180/55B18 80H
- 64 in. (1,626 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.4 in. (671 mm); Unladen: 27.4 in. (695 mm)
- 26 deg.
- 6.9 in. (175 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 6 gal. (22.7 L)
- 45 mpg (5.2 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 781 lb. (354 kg)
- Vivid Black